Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's that time . . . Back to School Planning and Organizing

Teachers across the country are getting into the back to school planning mode.  Our district teachers report next Tuesday, and our students arrive the following week, so it's time for me to start gathering resources and do some pre-planing in anticipation of my new group of students.

This year presents some exciting and unusual challenges for me!  In addition to the implementation of iPad literacy goals into my classroom curriculum, our school will also be implementing the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) adopted by the state of South Carolina, and participating in a school wide Engaged Readers and Writers initiative.  Because of this, I am feeling especially motivated to get my organization and planning underway!

So with these three things in mind - Back to School, CCSS, and iPads in the Classroom . . . I wanted to share some great resources I found through what is quickly becoming a teacher's new best professional development network - Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/

Create an AWESOME planning binder with these FREE pages from Curriculum Corner!   Teacher Planning Binder
Free Teacher Binder pages to download and print

Common Core Checklists for Grades K-5!  (Gotta pay $5.99, but this resource is worth it.)

iPads integration in the classroom is more than just playing apps! Here is a website that categorizes apps according to Bloom's Taxonomy.





No comments:

Post a Comment